Canyon Creek Elementary is a Capturing Kids' Hearts campus. As such, my classroom utilizes a Social Contract to encourage self-monitoring. The students and I build the Social Contract together as an agreement of how we will treat each other while in our room and in other parts of the school. If students violate the Social Contract, other students are encouraged to offer a visual reminder to their peers. If the visual reminder fails, I will use the Four Questions to verbally redirect a student.
**I will add a photo of our Social Contract soon!
1. What are you doing?
2. What are you supposed to be doing?
3. Are you doing it? (No)
4. What are you going to do about it?
* So what is going to happen if you do this again?
1. Four Questions from teacher
2. Teacher Selected Consequence
3. Communication with Parent
4. Behave Out (break outside of classroom)
For More information click here: Capturing Kids' Hearts